Sunday, September 14, 2014

How I Got This Free Braun ThermoScan 5 Thermometer

Hi people! Welcome to the latest installment of How I Get Free Stuff for being a product tester and providing reviews. Here we have the Braun Thermoscan 5 Ear Thermometer received complimentary from Influenster. This is the second "VoxBox" that I received from Influenster.com and this one is REALLY cool! 


This Braun VoxBox included everything you see here: the thermometer, plastic case, a 20 pack of hygenic plastic covers that also fit inside the case, instruction manual, and a quick start guide.

I received this $50 value product free from Influenster. I do not get paid for my reviews, but I get stuff free for being a product tester and reporting my experiences via social media. Therefore my opinion is totally unbiased and based solely on my personal experience.


To receive this kit, I had to answer a survey about my family and if I had children living at home. I'm not sure of exactly all of the qualifications they were looking for, but since I answered that I have a 3 year old child, this made me a good candidate for this product. You too can sign up on Influenster.com or you can click the badge at the bottom of the page to take you there directly. Connect your social media accounts, answer a few questions, and you may qualify to get some amazing free stuff!

I admit I'm not the most technologically savvy person, and I did have a little trouble in the beginning. The first time I tried it, I wasn't getting the little lines that signal it's ready for use. I understood that I had to have a plastic cover on it, which I did, but it just kept flashing that the cover was not on. Seriously, this is NOT rocket science, and I don't think I'm THAT stupid, but after several tries of putting the cover on and off again (and a few curse words later), I finally got it to work. 

I tried it on my 3 year old's ear and was happy at how quickly it took the temperature. But the first reading was in Celsius as you can see in the video. Fortunately my hubby figured it out for me afterwards and now it reads Fahrenheit, which I prefer. Unfortunately, my kid thought he was getting a new toy and wanted to keep pushing the buttons and look at the numbers. Not this time, kiddo! 

I think one of the drawbacks to this thermometer is that there is a limited supply of plastic covers. I personally wouldn't purchase a thermometer for personal use that I would need to have to purchase additional covers for. All in all, it's nice to have and I think it's a convenient product, easy to use, and perfect for kids who don't want to push buttons.  But at the price of around $50 retail, I prefer the temple reading thermometer that I currently own.

Pros : Accurate,Easy To Use,Hygienic,Reliable
Cons : Limited Supply Of Plastic Covers, will have to purchase more after 20 uses.
Best Uses : Babies and infants or anyone with short attention spans and little patience.

Have you signed up for Influenster? Do you have any cool apps or sites where you can get free stuff? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions here.