Sunday, September 28, 2014

How I get free stuff from Bzz Agent!

September has been an active month in my pursuit of free stuff. I got to try three new exciting products for free through an awesome product testing site called Bzz Agent!

Bzz Agent is a website that anyone can join. You just need to sign up with Bzz Agent and do some initial surveys so that they can tailor product suited to your lifestyle. When a campaign comes along that they think you would be a good fit for, they send you an invitation via email. The campaigns fill up quickly, so you want to jump in right away. I have been with them since 2011 and have done 39 campaigns so far. You receive free full sized products that you get to test out and review. They even give you coupons to pass out to your friends. The whole point is to generate a "Buzz" and get the word out.

I have tried many different products for free such as pet food, makeup, beverages, razors, insoles, food, and deserts - lots of food and deserts! Most of the items are found at local Kroger stores. Kroger is also known as Ralph's, Smiths, and Fry's (in AZ where I currently reside) and many other major supermarkets across the nation. As an added bonus, the surveys and campaigns you do earn you bonus points that you can redeem for cool items on a site called My Points. There are other ways to earn points just by doing things on the My Points website, but I haven't really spent much time with it thus far. For me, it's just a perk of doing the Bzz campaigns.





The most recent campaign I joined was for Arla Dofino Cheese. These gourmet cheeses come in a variety of flavors such as Havarti, Gouda, Edam, and Fontina. They have very few ingredients and are hormone free. My family loves smoked Gouda, so that is the one I selected.


It came in a shiny black package and has a wax seal surrounding the cheese. I put an ounce of it in my scrambled eggs this morning. It melted so perfectly and created such a great texture and a smoky flavor and only 120 calories per 1 oz serving. Yes, I checked. One wheel provides 7 servings, as long as you can control yourself.
Look! It's Pac Man!
My almost 4 year old son loves all things cheese. Getting him to eat other things are another story. He typically prefers American cheese, string cheese, or macaroni and cheese. But I gave him a little hunk of the Arla Dofino cheese and he loved it! I love that it packs a ton of protein and calcium into one little bite and is not processed like the other crap that he (and every other little kid) likes.

Jaxon nomming on some smoked gouda cheese

The contents of the Excedrin Extra Strength Bzz Kit
Another campaign I joined in September was for Excedrin Extra Strength Tablets. This Bzz Kit included one free full size 24 ct bottle of Excedrin Extra Strength tablets, 4 coupons for $2.00 off, and a pamphlet. This combination pain reliever contains acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. One word of caution, don't take it on an empty stomach. I Iearned the hard way when I took it early in the morning and I felt nauseous about an hour later. But if you take it with a little bit of food, you should be fine. It works super fast and I totally recommend it. The little boost of caffeine is kind of nice too!

The third product I tested for free this month was Silk Original Almond Coconut Blend. My Bzz Kit included a coupon for a free full size carton of Silk and two $1.00 off coupons, which I passed out at the office. I love Silk products so I was super excited to try out the original almond coconut blend milk. I was thrilled to see that it only has 50 calories per serving and the nutritional benefits are even higher than regular milk. I really wanted to like it...but I just couldn't get over the taste. I tried it in my coffee first instead of my usual french vanilla creamer. The flavor was weak, it had a sort of oily nutty taste to it and it left a greasy mess on the bottom of my mug. Then I poured myself a small glass of it to give it a fair chance. Again, I got that oily nutty taste but it was just blech. I gave it one more try and poured it over my kinda bland high fiber fruit medley cereal. I figured the nutty taste would have brought a little more oomph to the flavor. But again, the texture and flavor were just so nasty. I still enjoy Silk products, but I will stick to the regular almond milk.


So I hope some of you found this information valuable. If you sign up for Bzz Agent and don't get chosen for a campaign right away, don't get discouraged. Just sign up on BzzAgent.com, connect all of your social media accounts, do as many surveys as you can and then sit back and wait. It took me about 3 months before I was chosen for my first campaign. But I complete all of the activities for each campaign and now get them fairly regularly. Sometime you can go months without a campaign, and other times you can get several in one month just like this. It's so much fun! Feel free to ask me any questions or comments and let me know if you get into any Bzz Campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions here.